CHOOSING THE CORRECT WINDOW FILM MATERIAL FOR A SUCCESSFUL PROJECT.
Odhams Press offers a number of adhesive options, material selections and a variety of textures.
To better understand each material option and how they are used, each material is listed and explained below. If you remain uncertain about which material is right for your project, please contact us or call 888.667.6961.
Each film product offered has unique characteristics which will be outlined below. However, one thing in common with all products is the inclusion of a release liner. This liner can be in the form of heavy paper (most commonly on our permanent adhesive privacy film) or an ultra thin plastic (PET) liner. The liners prevent the active side of the film that adheres to the window from collecting debris and protects the film during transit. Instructions for installation are universal and will always refer to the “liner” generically.
ADHESIVE FROSTED PRIVACY WINDOW FILMS
The frosted adhesive window film material used by Odhams Press are premium films that are designed to replicate the exact look of etched glass. Combined with our exclusive patterns (also available without a pattern) – these films give the appearance of decorative etched glass at a fraction of the cost of glass etching.
The adhesive used on this material, while removable, is classified as a permanent adhesive suitable for all commercial and residential applications that require long term application.
Benefits Of Odhams Press Adhesive window film:
- Superior light penetration without color or light distortion
- Professional acrylic based pressure sensitive adhesive for long term applications
- Blocks more than 93% UV Light transmission
- Replicates the exact look of etched glass
FROSTED PRIVACY WINDOW FILM – STATIC CLING – NON-ADHESIVE
Static Cling is a generic term used for non adhesive cling film. But not all cling film is alike. The material used by Odhams Press for non-adhesive / cling film applications is a superior ECO FRIENDLY frosted window film with a silicone layer that adheres to smooth nonporous surfaces (glass, ceramic, finished wood, metal, etc) with ease. The silicone layer sticks to the window as if the material has many invisible suction cups and is easily removed without residue at any time. What makes this material better than static cling is the film can be rinsed and reused repeatedly over many years. Traditional “static cling” films attract dust and debris when removed and are often unable to be reused.
Benefits of Odhams Press Cling window film :
- Eco Friendly – Made with non PVC material / PVC and Adhesive free
- Reusable – Just rinse and reuse
- No Shrinkage – Unlike many PVC products, full sun exposure will not shrink or alter our Cling film
- Superior Privacy – Replicates heavily frosted windows and provides maximum privacy
- Interior / Exterior – Our Cling can be used indoors our outdoors in -4 degrees to 175 degrees (F) (-20C to 60C)
- Commercial & Residential – Suitable for both residential and all commercial uses including wet areas
- Superior Adhesion – Will not curl or lift at corners and edges
- Short or Long Term – Our Cling Window film can be used in short term decorative applications or be left in place for years without deterioration